Russian Randomness (and alliteration)

>> Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Please forgive me if a start almost every blog with "Did you know..."
Now, just a heads up, but most of the travel facts I distribute will 99.9% have to do with Europe.
Hey. What can I say?Europe's interesting.
Right now I am reading Lord of the Rings (again), Watership Down, and 1001 Natural Wonders You Must See Before You Die. (cheerful title, ain't it?)
On Sunday I was flipping through a travel book I got for Christmas when I came upon a fascinating fact.
The St. Isaac's Cathedral in St. Petersburg, Russia, can be seen from the Gulf of Finland!!!
(-200 Greatest Destinations by Marco Cattaneo & Jasmina Trifoni)
Now, consider the distance between St. Petersburg and the Gulf of Finland! Okay, to some it may not be much, but I think it's amazing.
For a really mind blowing example of Russian design, google "gold room terem palace". You should get a photo of a beautiful gold and red room. If you can't find it, check out 200 Greatest Destinations.

0 Comments:


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP