Cigars of the Pharaoh

>> Thursday, September 1, 2011

Cigars of the Pharaoh
by Hergé

I'd never heard of Tintin until the upcoming movie came to my attention. Determined to know if the movie would be worth seeing, I sought out the comics. But there's a wondrous lack of Tintin books in America, and I was forced to make subsequent trips to Barnes & Noble just to fully read "The Secret of the Unicorn." I was charmed, but still hesitant, so I went to my library and ordered the only Tintin book they had: Cigars of the Pharaoh.

I really enjoyed it--there was adventure, wit, and lots of hilarious comedy. Tintin was clever and the author equally so. There was always a surprise in the plot.
I'm not saying that this ensures that I'll like the movie. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.
And I'm not saying that I'm now a die-hard Tintin fan. I mean, I've only read two books so far.
But so far, I like what I'm seeing.

Favorite Line:












 
Objectionable Content: One use of the Lord's name in vain.

Related Reads:
Um...anything Tintin?

3 Comments:

Izori September 1, 2011 at 5:53 AM  

Oh, I LOOOOOVE the Tintin books! I didn't know there was a movie coming out!

Artisan of the Shire September 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM  

The movie looks so spiffy (produced by Sir Peter Jackson, BTW!) I read one of these; my mum actually picked up one or two French ones yesterday.

T.D. September 13, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

Tintin rocks. The end.

I just found your blog. Seriously: you're all about books and movies; I was already about to follow you, and then TINTIN! I'm so sold! (Hahah, anyway, so meet your newest follower :D)


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP