Score, Anyone?

>> Saturday, May 19, 2012

I love the Tangled soundtrack.
There's no getting past it--Alan Menken is a genius at coming up with catchy tunes with clever twists.
But the main reason I adore the soundtrack is the score. I can't help but feel that Mr. Menken is underappreciated in that department.
I mean, I absolutely adore the songs that the characters sing. But my main loves are the the instrumental ones on the soundtrack. Because who doesn't love "Kingdom Dance"? It was actually the song that--when I saw a clip for it--made me decide that "Hey, this movie might not be so bad. I may actually go see it."
And "Waiting for the Lights" is stunning, and "The Tear Heals" is utterly climatic.
My absolute favorite, however, has to be "Campfire". It's so beautiful, so romantic, and reminds me slightly of the works of James Newton Howard.

So, I just thought I'd get a little love for the score out there. It really is splendid.


1 Comments:

Havilah Martinez May 21, 2012 at 4:39 PM  

You are so right about that! Love this soundtrack and play it all the time. Big fan of Soundtracks and this has got to be one of my favorites.


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP