2012: A Year in Review

>> Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Summary of Every Movie I Saw This Year and My Thoughts
Paperman: Am I the only one who thinks this should win Best Animated Feature? Even though it's a short film? Stunning animation, stunning story, and it was so beautiful I sobbed. Like a baby. And would have gone on doing so had I not been in public.
2016: Obama's America: A documentary that did more informing than bashing. Despite all that has happened, there can be no doubt that this film was a part of the election.
The Avengers: A character-driven and practically flawless film that raised the bar for Superhero movies.
The Odd Life of Timothy Green: If you have a family and a heart, you'll love it. If you prefer movies like Death Race and Bladerunner, you'll hate it.
Wreck-It Ralph: Despite some crudeness, a clever film with surprising emotional depth. Extremely fun.
Saints and Soldiers 2: Airborne Creed: Not as good as the first, but I didn't expect it to be. Intense WWII drama would be forgettable if not for the German officer's redemption story.
Brave: There was so much potential, but the story was lackluster and ultimately fell flat. The most to recommend the movie was the Scottish setting.
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey: Overly bloated with scenes and characters that would have felt more at place in an extended edition, the movie suffered from a lack of pacing and bad CGI. An explosion of a movie that lost the heart of the story amid the debris.
The Hunger Games: Since seeing it, I've had to revise my opinion that I have nothing against it. I do. Kids killing kids--highly disturbing and left me with a dark, uninspired feeling.
Rise of the Guardians: Yet to be seen.

Iconic Movie Moments of 2012:

"I want tah change mah fate!"

"Pretend I'm Merida."

Absorbing the sun

"I'm always angry."

Reunited

The German officer and the American soldier

Riddles in the Dark


Creepiest Villains: Loki. Hands down, Loki.

Best Hair:
Merida from Brave 
Loki from The Avengers 
Vanellope from Wreck-It Ralph

Best Special Effects: The Avengers

Best Characters: 
Bruce Banner from The Avengers
The German Officer from Saints and Soldiers 2: Airborne Creed

Best Score:
A Promise by Alan Silvestri from The Avengers

1 Comments:

Marian January 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM  

You've just summed up my feelings about The Hunger Games, in a nutshell. I've been debating with myself whether to read it or not, but I just can't get past the premise.


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP