A Little Unknown-Well known Romance

>> Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Here are the responses I got when investigating my friends about their favorite love stories-


"Elizabeth and Darcy," I suggest. They begin chattering excitedly.
"Oh my gosh, wasn't that sweet?"
"Austen was a genius!"

"Romeo and Juliet", I announce, wondering if they actually read the play when they begin swooning.
"Tragic," a girl breathes, and another simply fans herself and sighs dramatically.

I try the fantasy approach.
"Aragorn and Arwen."
"Best love story EVER!" one girl proclaims. Another grins and gives me the thumbs up.

Now the time as come to test their true literature knowledge. I harrumph slightly then grandly proclaim,
"EOWYN AND FARAMIR." There's a long pause. A girl checks her watch. After a moment another one asks slowly,
"Wait...They didn't fall in love in the movies...did they?"

C'mon people! For once, READ the books. Faramir and Eowyn's love story is a little secret in the world of ACTUAL READERS. It's powerful and sweet, and should be right up there with R & J. Why am I bringing this up? Because I found the most AMAZING, TOUCHING, and
AWE-INSPIRING video tribute to the couple. Care to watch? Follow the link.

Eowyn/Faramir-What About Now


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP