Marlfox Quotes

>> Friday, December 18, 2009

Picture by Keravist

See pale eyes and swirling cloak,/Appear like nightmare,/Vanish like smoke./Marlfox!/What steals upon the silent air,/Gleaming fangs, mottled fur,/A deadly axblade is lying there./Marlfox!/Nobeast living can hide from thee,/O thou who treads invisibly,/Cross hill and vale through woods and rocks./Marlfox!/ Marlfox!

'Twas but a tale for your amusement,/Like my small unworthy rhyme,/Gone, alas, into those realms,/The land of once upon a time.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" Jangular rose with a sigh. "Because you called me fat an' said I was three seasons dead."

"An actor can be young or old, /Figure of fun or hero bold,/From tears to laughter without a pause,/I strut the stage to your applause,/Then I look in my mirror and say, /‘Hey,What fool shall I play today?’"

"Call yoreself a Reguba. Hah!" Quivering with rage, Rusvul snapped his javelin in two pieces and flung them from him, tears of anger glittering in his eyes. "I wish that spear'd gone right through an' slain me, rather than stand 'ere an' see the Reguba blood shamed by a son of mine. Coward!"

"But let me say this t'you, Rusvul Reguba. I never knew you was a foolish beast until tonight. Our young 'uns are the hope of the future. They need t'be 'elped, not 'umiliated. It took no bravery to call Dann a coward-he loves you too much to answer back. So all you did was bring shame on yoreself by the way you talked to Dann. No, don't answer or argue, jus' think about it, matey. An' that's the advice of a friend."

“If you eat to much you’ll sink the boat,/Burst yore shoes an’ split yore coat,/Just scoff enough so you stay afloat,/‘Tis manners, good manners!/If you pinch the vittles from another’s plate,/Wait till he’s lookin’ the other way, mate,/An’ when fish are bitin’, don’t eat the bait,/‘Tis manners, good manners!/If yore a shrew of the Guosim clan,/You must be sure to think of a plan,/To share yore matey’s pudden or flan,/‘Tis manners, good manners!/Remember to chew everythin’ in sight,/If it don’t bite back, than get first bite,/An’ always take a basinful to bed each night,/‘Tis manners, good manners!”
***
"Start diggen' yore graves now, 'cos we ain't goin' t'dig 'em for ye!"

"Strange, isn't it? Last night we were the best of friends with the Riverheads, this mornin' they're out for our blood. All because of a boat an' a stick!"

“Armed to the dirty mangy teeth,/Ten of ‘em came at me,/Hoho, me buckoes, here, sez I,/Only ten of ye?"

"Haw haw haw! Did ye mind the look on yon laddie's beak when I threatened tae eat his wife? He looked fair happy, so he did!"

The Dibbuns shod off their blanket cloaks and began dusting themselves down. "C'mon, Wugg, us gonna be Red'all Warriors. Wot does Red'all Warriors look like, mista Rusbul?" Rusvul looked at the Dibbuns standing boldly before him. "Just like you three, mates."

"Dann, me ole mate, wake up! Y'can't die an' leave me here all alone on me own. C'mon, Dann, I'm beggin' yer, mate, wake up! If you die an' leave me down 'ere on me own, I'll never speak t'you again, so there!" Opening his eyes, Dann found himself staring into Dippler's tearstained face. Despite his aching body, the squirrel smiled. "You muddle-'eaded little ragbag, you'll never speak to me again if I die? That's a good 'un, mate!" The Guosim shrew hugged his friend heartily. "You know wot I mean, Dann!"
***
"I think I'd sooner be a slave than a Marlfox, you live a little longer." The old mouse shrugged, resting his head against the bars. "Don't be too sure of it, pal. How long d'ye think we're goin' to last with Mokkan as King around here?"
***
"Good morrow to ye, mates. I'm Dann Reguba. Anybeast fancy bein' liberated today?"
***
She smiled grimly at him as she raised a loaded sling and spoke the last words Ullig was ever to hear in his life. "Well well, if'n it ain't Ullig the Slave Cap'n!"
***
"Please gaze round our garden, remember me there,/And always be faithful and true,/ Then look to the sunset and know that somewhere,/ 'Tis I who'll be thinking of you./Home, home, I will come home,/ Back to the ones I love best,/Home, home, no more to roam,/My weary heart will rest."

0 Comments:


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP