High Rhulain Quotes Part 1

>> Saturday, June 5, 2010

Picture by 1-Renaissance
I see them now arise again,/in memory that ne'er will fail./Their legend is reborn anew,/and thus begins my tale.

"'Any weapon is the best weapon, as long as ye can use it skillfully and with honour.'"

Banjon nudged the carcass of the fallen one. "Ye can't reason with vermin, Tiria. This rat won't be doin' any more evil, 'cos you stopped him. You did the right thing, protectin' our Abbey an yore friends. Remember, gel, yore a warriormaid with Wildlough blood!"

"'Cos if'n yer not wid me, yer agin me, see!"

Groffgut clapped him heartily on the back. "Don't fret yer 'ead, mate. They got enuff h'apple pies fer all of us!" A moment later, Groffgut was sorry that he had spoken. It seemed that the rest of the gang were fond of pies, though each had his own individual favourite. "An' strawb'rry pies, too, Chief?" "My ole granny used ter bake tater pies, wid onions in 'em. D'yer think dey'll 'ave tater pies like me ole granny's?" "Worrabout plum pies, bet they've jucier, eh, Chief?"

Brinty called out happily, "That's the stuff, Mister Quelt. We'll ponder by the pond!" The ancient Recorder thought for a moment, then chuckled. "How very droll, ponder by the pond. I like that!"

"O shiver me timbers an' swab me decks,/ye bullies to me hark,/Or I'll gut yore tripes an' dock yore necks,/an' feed ye to the shark!"

"Ho wreck me rudder, stove me planks,/an' rust me anchor chain,/salute me twice as you walk by,/or ye'll never walk again. Hahaarr!"

"Hah, so you're the outlaw they call Shellhound, eh?"
Leatho bared his teeth at the wildcat, replying defiantly, "Aye, an' yore the cat with half a face. I heard a liddle sparrow did that to ye!"

6 Comments:

Kirthi June 5, 2010 at 9:13 AM  

Oh, you should so get an e-mail! It'd make things a lot easier :D

My questions:
1. How do classic gardens/parks look like?
2. What is the behavior of the Irish in parks like these
3. How do traditional Irish villages look like?
4. Are there musicians in the parks?
5. What kind of shops are usually found in traditional Irish villages?

That's about it :D

Kirthi June 5, 2010 at 9:14 AM  

I also noticed you have a lot of Enya on your music player, I share the same favorites! :D

Sananora June 5, 2010 at 10:34 AM  

Quite a picture. Except theres a problem, I just started liking rats.

Artisan of the Shire June 5, 2010 at 1:11 PM  

I love rats so much, as well as ferrets, foxes, stoats, etc, yet I enjoy Redwall immensely. Thanks for posting these, Celtic Traveler!

Celtic Traveler June 5, 2010 at 2:54 PM  

Thanks, you guys. *blush*

Comments make my day.

Bunny June 8, 2010 at 6:02 PM  

I love this! I finally remember to check out your blog and what post greets me? One pertaining to a book I just read (and I must say adored). Love the quotes. They're all the ones I noticed.


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP