Yet Another Review

>> Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2
Rated PG for sequences of martial arts action and mild violence.

It was utterly hilarious. And when it wasn't  hilarious, it was just simply splendid. Po was still fun, lovable and awesome all at once as he raced to save Kung Fu and discover his past.
It was more of an emotional journey than anything. When Po wasn't cracking side-splitting jokes he was questioning who he was and where he came from. While watching the first movie, I had always wondered why Po was the only panda in the film. The second movie explains that, and in a very clever and satisfying way, too.
Also, when I first learned that the villain was going to be a peacock of all things, I was skeptical. But Lord Shen has to be one of the most creepiest animated villains out there.
My favorite parts of the movie included the flashbacks with Po as a baby. While I'm not much for cute, I seriously had to desist from squealing aloud at the sight.
The heart of the story was Po having to find inner peace in himself, which made up for a very cool scene. And the moral was excellent: "Your past doesn't make who you are. You make who you are."

Granted, the plot was a little shaky in some areas, but that was it.
Was it as good as the first movie?
No.
But was it a good sequel?
Definitely.
I'd recommend seeing this one as soon as possible.

Favorite Line:
Po: I just found out that my dad isn't really my dad.
Tigress: The goose...Well, that must have come as quite a shock to you.


Verdict: Go see it!
Grey Travel Rating: 4/5
Animation: 5/5
Plot: 4/5
Characters: 5/5
Acting: 4/5
Objectionable Content: None.

0 Comments:


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP