Sometimes

>> Saturday, August 18, 2012

If you've been following this blog, you'd know by now that I love The Lord of the Rings. I've read the books three times and watched the films countless times. I own Lord of the Rings Trivia and play it with gusto.
But sometimes, somehow, people seem to lose sight of the books, and the man who started it all as they celebrate the actors' birthdays and watch the latest Peter Jackson vlog.
Myself included.

Sometimes I just want to take a break from the world. Sometimes I just want to curl up with the books and and enjoy them in their purest and simplest form.

And I can't help but wonder, is this just me?

3 Comments:

Sierra August 19, 2012 at 8:51 PM  

No, it definitely is NOT just you!!! I have loved that beautiful world since I was 7 years old when my dad first read the books out loud to my family... several years before the movies came out.

I know what you mean about loosing sight of the books and the man who write them... It is easy to do in the presence of the movies. Sometimes I will open up the book randomly, just to remind myself of everything the movies left out... (not that I don't like the movies... their the best book to movie adaptions I have ever seen!).

Deborah S. Dahnim August 22, 2012 at 6:57 PM  

Hear, hear!

I entirely agree. Nothing can compare to the books. <3

Sonja August 26, 2012 at 8:40 PM  

It's not just you. Books are gentle things, and they are loved the most when they are enjoyed in and of only themselves. When the author's name doesn't matter, when there are no pictures in your head from movies or shows. Only when you love the book for what is written inside and what your imagination creates from it.

At least, that is the only way that I have ever read a book and have finished it believing that I have given it back a little part of what it has given me. If that makes any sense in the slightest.


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP