Movie Quote Contest #2

>> Monday, October 8, 2012

Well, it's time for another Movie Quote Contest, since y'all asked for one.
Here's how it works: You leave a comment, telling me which characters said each quote (please give me the character's name) and also which movie it's from. You need to include both.
No cheating!
The contest opens now, and will end on on Monday the 15th at midnight.
Good luck to you all:
 
1
Character 1: Tell me what happened that night!
Character 2: What night?
Character 1: That night!
Character 2: Ah, that night.
Character 1: Yes! ...We're talking about the same night, right?

2
Character 1: Certainty of death...Small chance of success...What are we waiting for?

3
Character 1: You're so weird.
Character 2: You have no idea.

4
Character 1: Stay back! If I stare at the lock really hard, it'll burst into flames and melt.
Character 2: ...Now I'm concerned on a number of levels.

5
Character 1: Who's that?
Character 2: They don't like me.
Character 1: Who's that?
Character 2: They don't like me either.
Character 1: And who's that?
Character 2: Let's just assume for the moment that everyone in here doesn't like me!

6
Character 1: So I was wondering. Do you guys want to be called colored or black?
Character 2: Do we look like a load of laundry to you?

7
Character 1: You think you're gonna just walk in and walk out?
Character 2: No, I'm gonna fly out.

8
Character 1: Do have something you want to tell your father about school?
Character 2: Well--we dissected a frog.

9
Character 1: Carrots. Why is it always carrots? I didn't even eat carrots!

10
Character 1: My father taught us not to lie.
Character 2: Yeah, well, mine told me not to starve; so we both got an education.

11
Character 1: Ow!
Character 2: Oh, sorry! I thought you were someone I--Oh, it's you. Well, that's okay then.

12
Character 1: If you get called a jerk four times in a single day, does that make it true?
Character 2: What, only four? Did you get up late?

13
Character 1: Okay, run along now, you impossible child.

14
Character 1: I speak French, but that doesn't make me Joan of Arc.

15
Character 1: There's something delicious about writing the first words of a story...You can never quite tell where they'll take you.

16
Character 1: We may have to kill that one.

17
Character 1: I was hiding under your porch, because I love you. Can I stay?

18
Character 1: I know it's a rock! Don't you think I know a rock when I see a rock? I've spent a lot of time around rocks!

19
Character 1: Mother, Father, I want to build a University, with the largest library on the continent, where anyone can study, no matter their station!
Character 2: All right...Who are you, and what have you done with my son?

20
Character 1: You may ask, how did this tradition get started? I'll tell you...I don't know.

21
Character 1: It's so far.
Character 2: It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?

22
Character 1: They have a cave troll.

23
Character 1: The day he died the people cried.
Character 2: They cried?
Character 1: They cried  three cheers!

24
Character 1: Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?

25
Character 1: Where is it, you little one-eyed cretin?
Character 2: Okay, first of all, it's "creetin". If you're going to threaten me, do it properly.

26
Character 1: I'm looking for...a girl?
Character 2: Ain't we all?

27
Character 1: Well let me know if "real power" wants a magazine or somethin'.

BONUS QUOTE

Character 1: And you think we're the ones?
Character 2: Well you'd better be, 'cause Aslan's already fitted out your army!

5 Comments:

Artisan of the Shire October 11, 2012 at 5:18 PM  

2. Gimli, "LotR: The Return of the King"

3. Simba and Scar, "The Lion King"

4. Bolt and Mittens, "Bolt"

8. Helen and Dash, "The Incredibles"

13. Ben Gates, "National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets"

15. Beatrix Potter, "Miss Potter"

17. Dug, "Up"

18. Flik, "A Bug's Life"

20. Tevye, "Fiddler on the Roof"

21. Peter and Mrs. Beaver, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"

22. Boromir, "LotR: The Fellowship of the Ring"

25. Randall and Mike, "Monsters, Inc." (actually, it's Cretian ^.^)

26. Boy and Hobo, "The Polar Express"

27. Nick Fury, "The Avengers"

Bonus: Peter and Mr. Beaver, "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe"


Missed you, Celtic Traveler!

Deborah S. Dahnim October 12, 2012 at 11:24 AM  

Ooh! Fun! :D I'm doing this again even though I don't recognize most of them...

2:
Gimli from "The Return of the King"

5:
Flynn Rider and Rapunzel from "Tangled"

13:
Ben Gates from "National Treasure 2"

21:
Peter Pevensie and Mrs Beaver from "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"

22:
Boromir from "The Fellowship of the Ring"

25:
Randall and Mike Wazowski from "Monsters, Inc."

27:
Nick Fury from "Avengers". (just watched this a couple days ago! <3)

Bonus:
Peter Pevensie and Mr Beaver from "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe"

Sara October 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM  

2- Gimli- LOTR:1
I know that I know 3-5 but i can't come up with anything
8- Elastagirl (1) & Dash (2)- The Incredibles
9- Milo Thatch- Atlantis
12- Russ (1) and Amy (2)- The Kid
13- Ben Gates- National Treasure 2
17- Doug- Up
22- Borimir- LOTR:1
24- Arthur Weasley- Harry Potter & the Chamber of Secrets
25- Mike Wasoski (1) & Randall (2)- Monster's Inc.
26- the boy (1) and the hobo/angel/ghost (2)- Polar Express

-I also know that I KNOW #s14,15,19,20,17 but still coming up blank-

L.B.

Darby Kate October 13, 2012 at 2:33 PM  

17. Dug, from UP

Darby Kate October 13, 2012 at 2:34 PM  

24. Mr. Weasley, from Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP