Liebster Tag

>> Saturday, October 27, 2012

Detail from The Hostage by Edmund Blair Leighton
I was tagged by the lovely Marian at All That is Gold.

Rules:
1. You must post eleven facts about yourself.
2. You must also answer the eleven questions the awarder has given you and make up eleven questions for your awardees to answer in turn.
3. Tag eleven fellow bloggers.
4. Notify them that you've awarded them.
5. No tagging back.
6. And the eleven blogs you tag must have less than 200 followers.

FACTS
1. I am currently reading Les Misérables and loving it. (I hate the musical, however. Javert as the villain and not a mistaken civil servant? The Thénardiers as comic relief? C'mon.)
2. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. That is, a Mormon. (And, no, we don't practice polygamy:)
3. I've ridden a horse bareback.
4. Norse mythology is fascinating to me, and despite enjoying The Avengers, I'm having a hard time with these new misconceptions about Thor, Loki, Heimdall, and Odin. It's kinda frustrating.
5.  Prehistory is also a fascinating subject for me.
6. I think every writer ought to own a multi-purpose black cloak. It helps enormously.
7. I plan on attending the midnight showing of The Hobbit. It will be my first.
8. While we're on the subject, I own a White Tree of Gondor t-shirt that I made myself.
9. I sometimes lapse into British and Scottish accents.
10. My favorite film composer is John Powell.
11. I'm still working with the concept that photography can be art. Sometimes I think I'm still stuck in Impressionist times.

QUESTIONS
1. Favorite vegetable?
Onions. (Do those count?)

2. Is there anything you like now that you used to dislike?
Van Gogh paintings. He was an unstable man (read: insane) but I have to admit, he could paint!

3. Monkeys--cute or creepy?
 Extremely, extremely creepy.

4. What do you do when you're bored?
Read and write, although I am trying to work on not surfing the internet when I'm bored. Waste of time, that.

5. Do you like to garden?
Uh, no. Not really.

6. What is your favorite color and why?
Green. Because of Erin gra mo chroi (Ireland of my heart).

7. Your favorite screen/literary couple?
Funnily enough, I'd have to choose a couple no one's ever heard of. Prince Aethelbald and Princess Una from Heartless by Anne Elisabeth Stengl. They go through so much for each other, and are reunited under such bittersweet circumstances that their happy ending is, I think, all the more poignant.

8. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be?
As long as I was some animal living at Redwall Abbey I'd be perfectly content.

9. What is your favorite dessert?
Anything chocolate and preferably made from flour.

10. Do you have any traditions you made up yourself?
Does listening to the Fellowship of the Ring soundtrack whenever I read the book count as a tradition?

11. Do you usually get snow in December?
Only up in the mountains.

MY QUESTIONS:
1. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
2. Are you a part of any geekdoms (ex. LOTR, Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Marvel, etc.)?
3. Which literary/movie character reminds you most of yourself?
4. Most unpredictable book/movie you've ever read/watched?
5. Favorite music genre(s)?
6. What do you fear?
7. Name an exotic pet you'd like to have if it was legal (anything from tigers to foxes to unicorns).
8. Any books or movies you'd like to live in?
9. Last song you listened to?
10. Newest obsession?
11. Pick a superpower!


I tag:
ANYONE who thinks this looks like fun. But, specifically Sierra, Kirthi, Faerie Artisan, and Izori.

3 Comments:

A Writer's View of Life October 27, 2012 at 3:13 PM  

done :)

Artisan of the Shire October 28, 2012 at 3:37 PM  

Oh my word, I can completely relate concerning #4. Frustrating is really the right word for it. :/

Thanks for the tag! I'll try to do it soon.

Artisan of the Shire October 28, 2012 at 3:39 PM  

I meant #4 in facts, by the way.

And also, a resident at Redwall is a most perfect answer to Question 8. ;)


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP