Blow Me Away

>> Thursday, January 14, 2010

After passing by Dirty Magic by Carol Hughes a thousand times in the library, I finally read it.

It was a thrill ride that left me speechless and left my imagination whirring. Totally enthralling, it sweeps you away with Joe, a kid about as average as his name, and takes you with him into the terrifying world of Asphodel. Here, trench warfare and terrible machines rule. Think Steampunk meets WWI.
There, a feisty girl named Katherine and a blind old man named Spider must lead him through this land of war and death. It's the only way he can find his sister. Personally, I really liked Spider. I dunno, I seem to have a soft spot for bitter characters with dark secrets.
This book is filled with conspiracies, action, betrayal, and a plot to die for.

I gave it 5 stars, and once you read it, you will too.

Objectionable content: Two uses of the H-word.

0 Comments:


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP