My Judgement Sucks II

>> Friday, January 8, 2010

You've probably heard of Princess Academy by Shannon Hale. You know, the one that was a Newberry Award Winner? I didn't want to read it. Even though my friend begged me tens of thousands of times, I was loth to. Books about girls learning to be princesses aren't really my thing. Anyway, I finally got around to reading it.


Yes, once again, my judgement sucks.

It was amazing! Not only was Miri a exceedingly likable heroine, but it surpassed every expectation. The mountain folk are considered lowly because of who thy are. Miri's constantly trying to stand up for her and her mountain.

Despite the title, most of it was not about the academy. Mostly it was about proving the world wrong and overcoming all obstacles. Oh yeah, and bandits. Yes, there is a heavy dose of adventure involved.

So if you were like me, and thought Princess Academy was about silly girls going to school, think again. And then just go and read it.

4 Comments:

Izori January 8, 2010 at 9:46 AM  

I read 'Princess Academy' a little while ago because a friend said that it was awesome. It was okay. I think that some characters could be a wee bit stronger.

Celtic Traveler January 8, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

yeah, My favorite was Knut and he hardly spoke. But still a REALLY good read!

Story Weaver January 8, 2010 at 6:31 PM  

I loved that book!

Jare January 11, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

I know! The same here! I didn't read it simply because of the title ("don't judge a book by its cover or title"...*sighs and slaps head*) but its realy good. Miri is completely awesome too. =)

-Lib


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP