Loamhedge Quotes Part 1

>> Saturday, February 27, 2010

Picture by Dawnfinder

"The rain has gone away...Clap!Clap!/and larks do sing on high./Sweet flowers open wide...Clap!Clap!/their petals to the sky!"

"Though you cannot go there,/look out for two who may,/travellers from out of the past,/returning home someday."

"So, that's the famous Bragoon and Saro. Huh, they're not as big as I thought they'd be."

"Me ribs are showin' through me fur,/I'm frightened o' the weather,/In case a sudden gust o' wind,/Whips me off like a feather./Me cheeks are sunken hollow,/An' me nose is wintry blue, lads,/Me rudder's covered in green mold,/I'm sufferin' from the Doodads!"
*****
Figalok waved her paws at them. "Chachafah! Shooshoo! Geroffa 'im, leave Lonna alone!" But the badger defended them. "Let them be, marm. I like the little 'uns, they're so small and friendly. Besides, they're not at all afraid of my face, the scars and stitching." Figalok shrugged. "Chaaaah, why be they 'fraid? likkle 'uns never see'd a bigbeast afore. They know ya be a goodbeast, me see dat, too. Not matter what ya lookin' like."
*****
"I'd stay in my chair forever, if only they were back here at Redwall."
*****
Martha asked the question that she had been anxious to have answered. "Aren't you afraid?" Toran rubbed his wide midriff thoughtfully. "Bless yore 'eart, pretty one, o' course we are. Only a fool'd say he wasn't. We're afraid as any sensible beast should be, but we ain't scared. Wot I mean is, we're only afraid for the safety of others-Dibbuns, an' young 'uns like yoreself. But if'n we got to do somethin' about it, we ain't scared o' vermin."
*****
"On the good ship Leakylea,/the captain was a frog,/the mate was a bumblebee,/And the cook was an old hedgehog./Heave haul away, twice around the bay. Yaah!/I was born at an early age,/and sent straight off to sea,/with a flea in an iron cage,/on the good ship Leakylea./Heave haul away, twice around the bay. Yaaah!"

1 Comments:

Artisan of the Shire March 12, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

I almost missed these!
Thanks for sharing them!


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP