The Writer's Tag

>> Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Got this tag at All That is Gold. And since Yours Truly is a writer, I'm going to give it a shot.

Rules: Fill out the tag, and then add two of your own questions!

What do you write your stories on?
It used to be notebooks all the time, but now I alternate between those and Microsoft Word.
What is your favorite kind of character?
Strangely, the ones with dark pasts and secrets, like Dustfinger and Guy of Gisbourne.
I also love pathetically sad characters who are so timid and meek.

When you're asked what your story is about, what is your usual reaction?
Uh-oh.
How am I supposed to explain that?

What is your biggest writing pet peeve?
Writer's Block.
Definitely Writer's Block.

What is the biggest turn-off for you when reading a book?
Bad language/objectionable content.
Made-up religions in a Fantasy book. UGH...

Your favorite era in history?
Medieval all the way!

How many words on average do you punch out in one sitting?
Depends on how inspired I am...at least 100.

Are you a fast typist?
Yes.

What do you do for inspiration?
Flip through art books. You wouldn't believe how inspiring those things are!

The truest writing quote you've ever heard:
"Writing is an accepted form of schizophrenia."~E. L. Doctorow

What's your favorite genre to write?
I write hardcore Fantasy.

Favorite font to write with?
Times New Roman at 16px. Oh, and I just adore Harrington.

Least-favorite writing prompt you've ever recieved?
"Describe your Lunch."

What do you like better: Pens or Pencils?
Pens all the way!


I tag any of my readers that bears the title of  "Writer".

4 Comments:

Golden Eagle August 17, 2010 at 4:35 AM  

I love your answers! I hate writer's block too, and I really don't like religions in fantasy books, either. :P

Sananora August 17, 2010 at 7:32 AM  

Awesome! I'll have to say I'm an Author today...don't have time to be tagged...or I might be running to fast to be tagged.

Marian August 17, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

Thanks for doing the tag! :D I like pens better too...it makes my writing more permanent. Pencils are cool, but they have to be sharpened, and anything written in pencil could be erased or fades after a while.

And I usually can't stand any kind of writing prompt. :P

Saerwen August 17, 2010 at 4:37 PM  

Hey Cool! Did it. :)


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP