2010: A Year in Review

>> Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Summary of Every Movie I Saw This Year and My Thoughts
How to Train Your Dragon: The absolute best movie of the year! How can something be so amazingly perfect? Every second of it was a flawless, breathtaking thrill ride. It's not just a fantastic animated movie, it's a fantastic movie. Period.
Karate Kid: This is one remake that can stand on its own feet. It had heart, wit, and nerve-racking moments that had me on the edge of my seat. As a plus, I cried. Karate Kid was how movies are supposed to be made.
Toy Story 3: Unpredictable and hilarious, it was the perfect ending to Pixar's Toy Story trilogy. Fantastic fun.
Tangled: Cute, spunky, and downright lovable, this was the best Disney movie in decades. Another tear-jerker.
Alice in Wonderland: It was the typical, strange Tim Burton fare (I'm not a big fan), but there were light-hearted moments and most of it was rather well-done.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1: I was actually disappointed with this. Sure, the special effects and action-scenes were top-notch, but the lack of plot, humour and heart didn't help. It was dark and there were sensual moments that I didn't appreciate.
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief: It reminded me why I never read the books. It was fun and magical, but lacked too much in the way of acting and story-line.
Letters to Juliet: It was sweet and cute (albeit unrealistic), but I'm not much for chick-flicks.
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time: Another disapointment. It was 'cool', and though the plot wasn't horrendous, the ending irked me. Another downside was how predictable it was.
Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole: Note to self--If you're not a fan of the books, chances are you won't be a fan of the movie. The animation was amazing. Everything else wasn't.

Iconic Movie Moments of 2010:
Forbidden Friendship
The lanterns and The Smolder
I have a feeling that 'Spanish Buzz' is going to go down in history...
Tea party; "Have you any idea why a raven is like a writing desk?"
Karate kick
Seven Harry Potters = Seven world phenomenons
When Claire is reunited with Lorenzo

What were your favorite movies this year?

4 Comments:

Sananora January 1, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

Mine was definitely Tangled. Happy New Year!

Artisan of the Shire January 1, 2011 at 5:07 PM  

I'm trying to remember all the films I saw...
I loved Alice in Wonderland, as well as Toy Story 3. I actually just saw Guardians of Ga'Hoole yesterday, and I have to say that even though I didn't care for the books, I was quite impressed with the film. I think that the whole thing works better as a movie than as a long and drawn out book series.

Artisan of the Shire January 1, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

I am seeing Dawn Treader tomorrow...

D. S. Dahnim January 12, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

Prince of Persia and How to Train Your Dragon!

Like your place, by the way :)


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP