Love Letters

>> Monday, February 14, 2011

Picture by Francesco Hayez
Even famous people wrote letters to thier loved ones.
Huzzah for sappy holidays!


A letter from you, and the universe (that's me) sings.
-Malcom Lowry to Jan Gabrial

Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart...
-William Wordsworth to His Wife Mary

But your belongings are like that for me-they're sacred. When I see your hat, it becomes "the only hat in the world" for me.
-Katherine Mansfield to John Middleton Murry

The sun cannot shine without you, the birds can make no melody. The flowers have no other beauty or perfume-all is a meaningless waste. I love you darling...You are in every thought, dream, hope, desire.
-Austin Dickinson to Mabel Todd

Everything reminds me of you so much. If I go into the drawing-room, the piano reminds me of you and your violin and the "Shepherds Dance", and "One More", and I feel miserable. Then if I go into the dining-room, there's somebody missing from the table and I'm miserable...
-Unknown Author to Mary Cartland

When you have gone away,/No flowers more, methinks, will be-/No more maple leaves in all the world-/Till you come back to me.
-Yanagiwara Yasu-Ko

The Shortest and Sweetest of Songs
                  Come
                  Home.
-George MacDonald


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP