No...

>> Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I just got news that my favorite author, Brian Jacques, passed away  this Saturday. He was 71 years old.

His Redwall series opened up a new world for me. I remember walking into a library six years ago (was it only six?) I had seen the books before and decided to try them out. I'm so very, very glad I did. I loved everything about them. I loved the heroes and the battles, and the sense of justice and hope in each one. I read through the series as fast as I could, checking out a new one each week. When my library ran out of them, I went to a new library and continued reading them.

The Rogue Crew will be coming out in March. How I wish it wasn't the final one.

R.I.P, Mr. Jacques.
Thank for everything.

5 Comments:

Story Weaver February 8, 2011 at 3:02 PM  

The world just turned upside down.
Rest in Peace. I'll miss you.

Anonymous February 8, 2011 at 3:03 PM  

I'm crying.

Bethie Engstrom February 8, 2011 at 5:05 PM  

I was so upset when I got the news. I've never felt so connected to a author before him. His writing was amazing, and I'll never forget it.

Artisan of the Shire February 12, 2011 at 1:55 PM  

We've truly lost one of the greatest literary geniuses of all time. Reading his last book will certainly be an emotional experience. Requiescat in pace, Mr. Jacques.

Fiona Everest February 16, 2011 at 2:39 PM  

That is So sad! We will miss you Mr. Jacques!!


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP