The Lord of the Rings Tag

>> Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Got this off The Life of a Musician and Dancer.
Couldn't resist.
So here we go:

Have you read the books? 
Three times. Each.

Provided you've read the books, which is your favorite? 
The Fellowship of the Ring. There's something just so classic, so childhood-y nostalgic about it for me.

Have you read the Hobbit? 
Yes, twice. When I was young I remember the old cartoon was playing for it, but I didn't like it and didn't even know it had anything to do with The Lord of the Rings.

Have you read any Lord of the Rings companions? Not movie companions, but Middle Earth and book companions? 
I read the poems about Tom Bombadil, and I've also read The Children of Hurin, but it's not my favorite.

Have you seen the movies? 
Have I seen the movies? *maniac laugh*  Why does it ask us silly questions, preciousss?

Have you read any movie guides? If so, which one(s)? 
I own all of The Art of the Lord of the Rings books. They're brilliant.

Which is your favorite movie? 
It's between Fellowship and Return of the King. While Fellowship once more reminds me of my childhood, The Return of the King is. just. epic.

What's your favorite scene from the trilogy?
Just one?! Well, I'd have to say where Gandalf and the Rohirrim come charging down the hill as the sun rises. That's just stunning.

What scenes do you find exceptionally touching?
The Breaking of the Fellowship, where Frodo remembers Gandalf's words and Sam goes after him,
"There's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo",
and "I can't carry it for you. But I can carry you!"
Come to think of it, mostly ones involving Sam.

Have you seen the extended movies?
Yes, and I own the second one. It was a birsssday present.

Tell us your three favorite characters (good luck narrowing it down) and why.
Sam for his loyalty and innocent courage, Aragorn for his selfless bravery, and Faramir, because he has many emotional struggles, and so his happy ending with Eowyn is much more sweet.

Who bugs you the most in the terms of being really annoying (but not necessarily wicked?)
Gollum. I mean, sometimes I pity him, but sometimes I just wish Sam would shove his head in.

What are your feelings on Boromir? 
 It bugs me when people who haven't read the books think he's evil. He's not. He just gave in to the lure of the ring, and that was his downfall. He learned his lesson too late. But he was a good man, and you can really see that, especially in the way he looks out for Merry and Pippin, and in that extended scene with him and Faramir (why they didn't keep that in the theatrical version, I'll never know).

Who do you like better, Aragorn or Faramir? 
Aragorn. But I still love Faramir--he's also a good man.

Which Lord of the Rings weapon would you use?
A bow.

What do you think about Eowyn?
"...fair and cold, like a morning of pale spring..."
She's an incredible, brave woman.

If you were going into battle, which character would you want to take with you?
Aragorn.

Which girl is your favorite?
Eowyn.

Which hobbit is your favorite?
Samwise Gamgee.
(These questions are getting too easy.)

Which location is your favorite?
The Shire is just picturesque. I could gladly live there till the end of my days.

2 Comments:

Marian November 27, 2012 at 10:36 PM  

So many great answers! I'm glad you like Eowyn, too - she really is underrated and often misunderstood.

Deborah S. Dahnim November 28, 2012 at 12:30 PM  

Ah, so cool! :)

And Faramir is my absolute favorite and they sooo wrecked his character in the movies! D: *sobs* I will stop now before this turns into a rant...


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP