Lately

>> Saturday, May 22, 2010

A lot has happened lately. I've gotten into a Newberry Honor binge, and I'm reading as many as I can get my hands on. I recently finished "Shen of the Sea" by Arthur Bowie Chrisman, a collection of Chinese folktales. I absolutley enjoyed it! It was as wondrous and rich as "Arabian Nights". The best ones were 'Four Generals', 'Many Wives', and 'The Moon Maiden.' They played out like fairytales, but had loads of unexpected twists normal ones wouldn't have.


Also we bought "City of Ember" and watched it. I loved the characters (the Harrow family ecspecially) and the world they created was as brilliant as the plot. Whoever designed the costumes was a genius. Also, it really makes you appreciate life above ground. We really take for granted that the sun rises without fail. But the citizens of Ember live in constant fear of blackouts. I highly reccomend it.

3 Comments:

Liz Patterson May 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

If you enjoyed the City of Ember movie, you should check out the book - it was much more intriguing and moving. You're right, it really does cause you to see nature and life above ground in a whole new light!

P.S. I discovered your blog through a friend's blog and have enjoyed reading your reviews of books and movies!

Celtic Traveler May 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM  

I read the book too, and it was just as amazing!

Thanks for the compliment liz:)

Bridget May 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM  

I agree, the costumes in City of Ember were wonderful! =D

bridget-frances.blogspot.com


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP