Prince of Persia

>> Friday, May 28, 2010

I just got back from "Prince of Persia". Please bear with me as I do another review.

PROS
.Amazing stunts and action!
.The costumes and locations were rich and breathtaking!
.And I really liked how I didn't realize who the actual villain was until later.
.Starting the movie out with a nerve-racking seige scene was a great move on their part!
.Also, the villians were convincingly evil.
.The music was great and appropriately persian.
.Plot wasn't bad either.
.I love how Dastan was framed and how everyone was trying to kill him!
.Sheik Amar was hilarious! (Ostrich guy)

CONS
.It was a little like The Lion King (Evil uncle, main character convinced of killing dad, ect.)
.Some gross parts like cutting that snake open. Ewww...
.They keep Kissing at the most inappropriate of moments. It's like, "GO SAVE THE WORLD ALREADY!"
.Tamina used the word "Sacred" too much. Me: We get it, princesss. Everything's sacred, okay, great.
.I don't like Jake Gyll.
.I have a problem with the ending. They rewound it too much and Tamina still loved him even though he just
sacked her city.

But yeah, it was pretty good. I wouldn't see it in theaters again, but it was good.

Objectionable Content: a couple references that very few people would get.

5 Comments:

Bunny June 8, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

(This is Bonni speaking) I just watched this movie over the weekend and I must dissagree with you on a few points (like always). Stunts, music, cosumes, etc: agreed.
Sorry to say, I knew the uncle was the villian from the moment I saw him, (before I even knew the king was going to be killed) though I did question it a couple of times.
Lion King parallel: agreed.
They only kissed like once in the whole movie, though the almost kissing at inappropriate moments was irksome.
Rewind thing: agreed. I like that they rewound to the perfect moment, but HOW IN THE WORLD DID IT HAPPEN? I get the whole hour glass/ purity thing did it, but why that moment and how? Oh well. I also didn't like that she didn't know anything about him etc. It was kind of cool how the actor portraid her not knowing him, but still being completely taken in by how he seemed to know her though. (that sentence didn't make much sense did it?)

Bunny June 8, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

I just realized that I may be wrong about arguing with you. Depending on who you are... Not sure which blog is which. Oh well...

CrazyFrenchBuddy June 21, 2010 at 1:12 PM  

haha bonnie....I think you ARE arguing with the wrong one. Not the one you would argue with daily anyways, lol.

CrazyFrenchBuddy June 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM  

*Sorry about the "E" on your name Bonni :/ * And the whole "How?" things....well remember that they saw the scenes going by, so Dustan was able to anticipate it and close the the handle. :D p.s. Celtic Traveler...why do you hate Jake Gyll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????!!!!!!!

Celtic Traveler June 21, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

She's arguing with the right one:)

Hi, who is CrazyFrenchBuddy?


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP