Once Upon a Movie

>> Monday, November 29, 2010

Tangled

Rated PG for brief mild violence.

I really didn't expect it to be as good as it was.
This movie was a breath of fresh air, and very enjoyable. It was so nice to finally watch a children's movie that wasn't crude and actually had a plot. Rapunzel and Flynn were very lovable characters and the songs weren't half-bad either.
It exceeded all my expectations and was it was such a fun, feel-good movie. There was never a dull moment.
The animation was like a beautiful painting, albeit one that moved.
And I loved it when Rapunzel and the town-people danced.

Most of it was stereotypical Disney, but that's okay.
And though the part with the thugs singing "I have a dream" was awkward (for me), it wasn't torturous.

The way it ended was perfectly thrilling and, naturally, I cried (I really need to stop doing that).

That said, it was a cute, spunky little movie with tons of fun.
Disney's 50th Animated Feature won't disappoint.


Verdict: Go see it.
Grey Travel Rating: 4/5 Stars
Animation: 4/5 Stars
Plot: 4/5 Stars
Characters: 4/5 Stars
Acting: 5/5 Stars

2 Comments:

Sananora November 29, 2010 at 1:33 PM  

I loved this movie (but you already knew that). The mother somebody or other (I already forgot her name) was getting on my nerves.
I forgot about how Disney's fairy tales had singing in it. But thankfully it wasn't to bad.
My brother and I have been going around quoting parts from it and still laughing. My poor mom is like "What?" I think I need to take her to see it.

Liz Patterson November 29, 2010 at 2:29 PM  

Thanks for the review! I hadn't heard anything about Tangled and had my doubts. But now I think I'll go see it =) It sounds lovely!

~ Liz


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP