Something Old, Something New

>> Tuesday, March 9, 2010

You may not know this, but there was a 1995 version of Pride & Prejudice on BBC. In the new one, I like some characters better and some less. So these are the characters I prefer from each version.

Mr.Darcy-New one-He's just cooler and so gosh-darn charming.
Lizzie-1995-The old version's more sharper and wittier.

Mr. Bennet-1995-He's funnier and not an empty shell.






Mrs. Bennet-Both are hysterical!




Jane-New one-She's prettier and more shy than the older one. And her love story's so sweet.

Mary-1995-She's more awkward and just...weird.

Kitty-1995-In the new one, I can't tell her apart from Lydia! But, then again, neither are very bright.


Lydia-1995-She had more personality.

Mr. Bingley-1995-The new one is more of a fumbling idiot than cheerful.
Mr.Wickham-1995-It's easier to believe him to be a wolf in sheep's clothing.








Mr. Collins-Both versions are pretty good. That is, annoying.



 
Edit: After re-watching the '95 film, I must say that both Darcys are fantastic.

8 Comments:

Izori March 9, 2010 at 7:26 AM  

This actually was the first version of P&P that I watched, and it's my favorite. My mom went on a Jane Austin spree, and we watched basically ALL of the P&P versions.

I really like this version's Lizzie. And Jane.

Marian March 9, 2010 at 2:38 PM  

Nice post! I like the '95 version better, overall; the script in the '05 one is not very good. :P

Celtic Traveler March 9, 2010 at 2:43 PM  

I agree-the 1995 version is the best!

Sananora March 9, 2010 at 4:11 PM  

Yes the 1995 is the best (no doubt about it). I don't know how many Jane Austen movies my family has watched (like at least 3 different versions of each story). Have any of you watched BBC's 2009 version of Emma? my family thinks its the best (so far).

Celtic Traveler March 9, 2010 at 5:25 PM  

Saw the old one of Emma-it wasn't that good.

Anonymous March 10, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

*Grins* Good post. :)

Sananora March 11, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

You should check out the new one (of Emma that is), my sister said it was the closest to the book. Then some where I saw that there was a 2010 version of Emma, I think it was on IMDB. But maybe it was because The latest Emma came out in 2010 for the USA and 2009 for Great Britain (????). Somebody really should make a Jane Austen Club :0

oh yeah I was trying to join your blog but I couldn't figure out how. Might just be my computer.

Anonymous March 15, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

I believe you mean Mr. and Mrs. BENNETT, not Bingley ^_^ I agree with some, but not all - to each her own! *grins* They're both fun, though. I like both Janes... hmm...


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP