Fuuny Thing Happened on the Way to Wonderland...

>> Wednesday, April 21, 2010

This was gonna be another "My Judgement Sucks" post, but I prefer this lame title better.

So I think you get it by now: Celtic Traveler is idiot, goes Anti-(fill-in-the-blank), then finally sees the movie and falls in love with it. Yeah, it happened again.

I guess I was brooding too much on how much I absolutely despise the animated Disney version of "Alice in Wonderland". The old one had no plot, no likable characters, and it creeped me out. It still does.

But the new Tim Burton version was brilliant! After being introduced to the drab, dull world of Alice's reality, I got sucked down a rabbit hole...and that's where it got interesting. There was actually a storyline, and Alice was a terrific protagonist. And I was ecstatic about the battle scene and the evil Red Queen's reign. The Dormouse was awesome (fierce little tyke) and even the Chesire Cat was lovable! And he's one of the top reasons I hated the old version!
Of course, hands down, The Mad Hatter was the best. He was sweet (kinda), funny (hysterical!), and I seem to have a soft spot for madmen. And he can do a mean Futterwacken dance. That was the best part in the whole movie!

So if you think its weird and creepy, it's not in the least bit. It's actually a spellbinding, stunning movie full of heart.

And if you've already seen it and heard this a thousand times, my apologies.

But I was bound to do an AIW post sooner or later.

Objectionable content: Stayne tries to kiss Alice.

Edit: Once more, my mind changes. After the general excitement died down, I realized--I don't like it.

2 Comments:

Artisan of the Shire April 25, 2010 at 9:44 AM  

Yay! I'm so glad you liked it too. (Yes, the Dormouse {who does have a name but it escapes me at this time} is quite the brilliant and fearsome little warrior). :D

Celtic Traveler April 26, 2010 at 2:58 PM  

Her name's Millyumpkin.
How do I know that?


I Am An Otter

You're an otter, mate! Another good friend of Redwall, you are a natural swimmer and a deadly fighter especially with a long bow or javellin. Camp Willow is your home, just as Redwall is your second home. You have a good heart and a strong sense of loyalty. You absolutely love Shrimp and Hotroot soup, living by the motto "Ain't nothing 'otter for an Otter!".

  © Blogger templates Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP